shabby blog

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My little mother

One of the questions I am answering a lot these days is whether or not Jayden will be a big help to me with the new baby. My answer of course is YES! She is longing for July and the day when Mima, Papa, Grandma and Grandpa will take her to the hospital to meet her baby brother. She has it all planned out and is convinced that her jobs will be to hold him, buckle him in his car seat, feed him a bottle, and babysit Zachary so he stays out of mischief.

What I hadn't realized until my mom discovered some old video is that Jayden was a precious helper when Zachary was born. This scene unfolded at my parents Encinitas home days before we celebrated Jayden's 2nd birthday. I think I'll try to recreate the scene with a 2 year old Zachary and the baby so we can compare their "mothering" instincts. I'm sure Zachary will be much more interested in wrestling with the little guy then feeding him!

Some of her phrases: "lap. sitting lap." -- "I think he hungry much." -- "Doggy he go Hospital. Doggy sick." --"Need a napkin"--"Sit up straight. Help him be straight"

1 comment:

  1. these are the sweetest videos of jayden and zachary! she must have learned to be such a great mom from you.

    ReplyDelete


My Backyard Sunrise