shabby blog

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A stroke of genius

Today I tied the last rafia bow, marking the completion of the 2010 Christmas Wrap-athon.  The frenzied cutting and taping left behind various treasures on our living room floor.  Oliver and Zachary discovered that the long cardboard wrapping paper tubes make excellent fire hoses, valiant swords, and head-boppers, creating a morning filled with noisy fun.

But the momentary stroke of genius came during the boys' nap when I discovered a brilliant use for the wrapping trash:  Boot Stabalizers.    Just fold the tube in half, place it inside the boot and voila, no more slouchy shoe. (forgive the totally gorgeous photography-- naptime always ends too soon so I'm in a hurry!)
 Now, I'm sure there is an actual product out there to do this very job, but re-purposing is eco-friendly, and totally worthy of mention in Real Simple mag's 'New Uses for Old Things'.
And whenever I wear my boots, the boys get their hose-sword-headboppers back for more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Backyard Sunrise