shabby blog

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2008

..we spent a couple nights in San Diego.

By 3:45 a.m. Tuesday --yes, as in the crack of dawn--I had both kids buckled in the car for our traffic-less trip to Encinitas. I hadn't seen my friend Tracy since our trip to Hawaii together with our husbands. She was only 5 weeks pregnant back then in October so I was eager to see her baby bump.

She and I enjoyed an enchilada feast at El Torito for dinner and then I headed up to Orange County with my mom to see my brother perform at the Gypsy Lounge. Needless to say I didn't hit-the-hay until after midnight, and the next day I definitely felt 30 years old. Wednesday morning my mom and I took Jayden and Zachary to have coffee and nibbles with Tracy at Java Depot in Solana Beach. Some of the best moments of our stay at my Parentals was watching Jayden and Zachary enjoy their Uncle Andrew. Jayden has a real affinity for him and has often asked him to pray for her for her 2 year old needs :) Andrew, quite appropriately, nick-named Zachary "bam-bam" and it seems to be slowly replacing "Hooty" (Jayden's term of endearment for him).
Jayden's favorite moment of the trip was discovering the new Disney Princess sheets that Mima and Papa had bought for her room at their house. All day long she said she was sleepy and would ask if it was time to put on her Jammy's.
Zachary spent most of the time in the backyard dragging around a PVC pipe, eating leaves and other random objects, and just being his typical Dennis the Menace self.

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Backyard Sunrise