shabby blog

Search This Blog

Monday, July 26, 2010

Milestone

Saturday, July 17, 1999 was an awesome day! It was the day that Marty and I exchanged the vows of marriage, and committed before God, friends and family to honor, love and cherish each other for our lifetime.I can remember so many details as though it were yesterday. Especially the feeling I had flying to Hawaii for our honeymoon. We held hands and laughed as we spoke to each other as 'husband' and 'wife'.
But alas the years have whisked by and the pictures are proof that time has aged us. But, as is true for wine and Parmesano Reggiano, time has made us better; richer.
We've matured spiritually and emotionally. We've become less critical of each other's human-ness. We've grown to enjoy the other's quirky kinks. We have a deeper intimacy that allows us to communicate more effectively and end squabbles with greater ease. God has been good to us through the last 11 years, and I look forward to growing older and wiser with my soul mate; my suitable helper.

Genesis 2:18 The LORD God said, "It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him."
*****

We celebrated this 11th Anniversary with dinner at Ladyface Ale Company, a French bistro I had been longing to try... the Sausage Plate with Three Mustards was divine.Then we headed to the Third Street Promenade in Santa Monica to see the street performers and indulge in dessert and espresso at Monsieur Marcel.
This date was made possible by our family-camp CCA (child care assistant), Sarah, and her sister Annie. They drove down from Santa Barbara to watch our 3 chick-a-dees and spend the night with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Backyard Sunrise