shabby blog

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Saturday Morning

I did not set my 4:30 alarm last night, purposely, so that I could enjoy a bit more REM.  But this meant that my morning devotion aka 'Quiet Time'  was a group activity.  
Fun for all. 
My prayer time was interspersed with beautiful interruptions to show off artistic and academic masterpieces.  This is Zachary's page which began as an exercise in writing letters and turned into a ''map of Big Bear" complete with "a window", "a porch", and "a nest with a egg inside it".
A great reminder of why I crawl out of bed in the cold dark hours before dawn: QUIET.
***
Matthew 10:13-16  (Message)
"The people brought children to Jesus, hoping he might touch them. The disciples shooed them off. But Jesus was irate and let them know it: "Don't push these children away. Don't ever get between them and me. These children are at the very center of life in the kingdom. Mark this: Unless you accept God's kingdom in the simplicity of a child, you'll never get in." Then, gathering the children up in his arms, he laid his hands of blessing on them"

1 comment:

  1. L*O*V*E the illustrated "book" of pages Zachary has been creating :: remembering his map of INDIA!

    ReplyDelete


My Backyard Sunrise