shabby blog

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 7, 2010

San Diego Zoo

I am co-hosting an event with my best Beaut Amanda Ermanis next weekend (sorry to those of you who know not of the Beauts...but we're pretty famous amongst ourselves) and traveled to Encinitas so the two of us could review her amazingly creatively fabulous ideas and run errands in prep. Amanda has dubbed the event a "Baby Sprinkle" (I know! So. stinkin'. cute.) because it is a shower for the 2nd child of my other best Beaut Tracy Miller.
All of this is to say that the kids and I spent a couple of days down South and were treated by Papa and Mima to a day at the San Diego Zoo.
Me and my monkeys.
My mom had a hip replacement in April so the wheel chair was for her, but the kids and I managed to get pushed by Papa all day long. Aunt Kelly and baby Anna (soon to be a toddler) joined us there for lunch and a stroll through part of the park. Anna recently discovered her pointer finger and directed us through the park with a wave of her hand. At the Sea Lion show Aunt Kelly braved the splash zone with Jayden and Zach while the wimps hid in the shade in the nose bleed seats.First taste of cotton candy. Ollie was perplexed by the stickiness but kept reaching for more.

What a trooper.

2 comments:

  1. Best Day EVER at the Zoo! with our chickadees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adrienne, I have had so much fun catching up on your blog. I can't believe how time flies...your kiddos are so big! I am so excited for your trip to India...I'll be praying for your and Marty. You are so blessed to be able to go again, and to know your kids are in the best care :)
    Love,
    Jayma

    ReplyDelete


My Backyard Sunrise