shabby blog

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sleeping In

Most mornings my children arise before the dawn. I sit huddled in the office sipping coffee and enjoying a quiet moment with God and his Word (and Gmail and my fav blogs of course). Then I hear the small thud of feet marching downstairs and I know my day has officially begun. Today, however, the sun was able to shine and the hands on the clock ticked all the way to 7:00 a.m before the creatures stirred out of bed. A small miracle. The big miracle is that I slept in too! The reason for our exhaustion was a most delightful evening with friends. We dined alfresco while Jayden and Clara giggled and pranced tirelessly around the house; Zachary and Chloe followed in earnest pursuit. We have only a few opportunities each year to be with Ted, Katrina, and their girls because they live so far away. (Last year they moved from Holland to Annapolis so at least they are back in the States!) The countdown begins again until the next time we can gather for food and friendship.Clara's and Jayden's first playdate...December 2005

Katrina is responsible for bringing April and I together, insisting that we'd get on marvelously. I had known April casually because she taught French at Oaks Christian while Marty was the IT director there. But this inaugural walk with our firstborn babes in January 2006 set us on a course of friendship that has blessed me beyond words. Love these women!

No comments:

Post a Comment


My Backyard Sunrise